STEMs For Youth Waiver
1. In consideration for my or my child(ren)’s participation I hereby, for myself and my child(ren) and our respective heirs and successors, PROMISE NOT TO SUE and FOREVER RELEASE STEMs For Youth, and the Osgood family, their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, contractors and volunteers from all liability resulting from damages or injuries incurred as a result of participation including those resulting from acts of negligence. Here to forward, “programs”, “activities”, “events”, “camps”, “classes” or any other SFY event shall be used interchangeably and usually referred to as “program” or “programs”.
2. In the event of an accident or emergency I hereby authorize my child(ren) to be transported to a hospital for medical treatment and I hold STEMs For Youth and the Osgood family and their representatives harmless in the execution of such. Additionally, I hereby agree to individually provide for all medical expenses which may be incurred by myself or my child(ren) as a result of any injury sustained while participating at a STEMs For Youth or Osgood program.
3. I recognize that severe injuries, including permanent paralysis or death can occur at the program, those activities including but not limited to computer use, programming, robotics, sports, and playground activities. In addition being fully aware of these dangers, I hereby give consent for my child(ren) to participate in any and all STEMs For Youth programs and activities and I ACCEPT ALL RISKS associated with such participation.
4. I am aware that individual and group publicity photos and videos are taken from time to time and in consideration for my or my child(ren)’s participation I hereby grant my permission for my child’s likeness to be used in publicity or advertising. By signature below, I grant to STEMs For Youth and the Osgood family, its successors and assigns, the right to use, publish (in any medium, but not limited to, print, digital, or display and transmission on the Internet), publicly display and perform (in any format, but not limited to, film, slide, television, digital display and/or transmission on the Internet), and copyright for its fundraising, marketing, educational media project, and other commercial purposes (the “Project”), photographs and/or video-taped interviews of my child or ward (collectively, the “Multi-Media Works”). By signature below and in consideration for STEMs For Youth and the Osgood family’s agreement to have the Multi-Media Works taken for the possibility of being featured in the STEMs For Youth and the Osgood family Project, and the expense that it may incur in having the Multi-Media Works taken, processed, and produced, I release, on behalf of myself and my child or ward, STEMs For Youth and the Osgood family, its directors, officers, employees, agents, successors, assigns, and all persons acting under STEMs For Youth and the Osgood family’s permission or authority, from any liability for, and waive any and all claims for injury, loss, damage, or compensation, or any other claims (including libel and slander, invasion of privacy, and violation of publicity rights) in any way connected with me and my child or ward, and arising out of STEMs For Youth and the Osgood family’s use of the Multi-Media Works in its Project. Finally, by signature below, I waive any right that I, or my child or ward, may have to inspect or to approve the Multi-Media Works’ finished product or other copy that STEMs For Youth and the Osgood family may choose to use for the Project or in connection with other materials related to STEMs For Youth and the Osgood family, its business, and products. By signature below, I understand and agree to the terms above. I understand that I am giving up rights by signing it. I am signing it voluntarily.
5. STEMs For Youth programs are sometimes supported in part by grants. In consideration for my or my child(ren)’s participation I hereby grant my permission for my child’s school or district to release to STEMs For Youth my or my child(ren)’s grades and attendance from up to two years prior to this program and for up to 4 years after the program to be used for the examination of the impact of the program for data gathering, grant reporting, or other purposes. The data shall be used by STEMs For Youth in an aggregate form and will not be identified by individual in any publication.
6. STEMs For Youth reserves the right to cancel programs if necessary and your money will be refunded.
7. STEMs For Youth must be able to conduct programs in a respectful environment. Attendees may sometimes become excited, and that is wonderful. However, should an attendee become so disruptive that other campers or instructors can no longer teach camp effectively, STEMs For Youth has a 5-strike system: 1) verbal warning, 2) verbal warning, 3) 5-minute break from the activity, 4)private verbal warning from camp manager, and 5) dismissal from camp without refund. If a child causes harm to anyone else in the opinion of the camp director, they may immediately be dismissed from camp without a refund, the 5-step process will not apply.
8. I understand these programs are in no way related to and are not sponsored by Loveland City Schools or any other school district.
9. I will pick-up my child promptly at the end the program. There will be a 10 minute grace period, then I will be assessed $1 per minute for every minute after the grace period. By signing this form, I agree to have this late fee charged to my credit card or I may be asked to send in a check or cash. My child will not be allowed to return to class until this fee is paid. (We have had parents more than 45 minutes late for pick-up and that is not fair to the counselors or the child.) If it is after 30 minutes from the end of class and we have not been able to contact you at the number listed on the registration, for liability reasons, we will have the police escort your child home.
10. If any provision (or portion of any provision) of this instrument is held to be invalid or unenforceable, that provision shall be enforceable in part to the fullest extent permitted by law, and such invalidity or unenforceability shall not otherwise affect any other provision of this instrument. R30815
I have read and understand this WAIVER and I VOLUNTARILY affix my name in agreement. I understand I have the option to opt out and sign with a paper signature instead. My digital signature is as binding as my paper signature.